Okay you people who think you’re amazing by only spending $100 a month on groceries, I’ve got you beat! Wanna know how to spend the bare minimum while still semi-probably-not-adequately feeding your family? Follow my tips below!
- Car Diving: No, this is not driving your car off of the diving board. This is searching through the kid’s car seats and finding GOLD… in the form of stale cheerios, leftover chickfila nuggets and fries, and goldfish. Similar to dumpster diving.
- Grandparents: This is a newly discovered method of feeding my family. My parents just moved to town and let me tell ya, there ain’t nothin better than home cooked food that is FFFREEEEE. Also, this method sometimes includes babysitting.
- Huh, When did I buy this?!: This is probably my favorite method. If it isn’t expired then it’s totally usable. And even if it’s expired as long as there isn’t some crazy smell coming off it, I say go for it. It counts as free because it’s already in your home.
- Couch Diving: This is similar to Car Diving and you may find some of the same food artifacts. These items tend to need a little bit more of a “brush off the dog hair”, but still edible. And really, dog hair just adds some extra protein, right?
- Free Events: Guys! So many people will feed you for free! Make friends and go to parties, there will be snacks! Become a college student again and go to all the events that serve free food (tailgates, coffee events, games nights, movie nights). So many options of people willingly wanting to feed you without you paying. I mean, it just can’t get any better.
So there you have it. Budgeters and couponers, I got you beat. This fun method of not really eating healthy and being as cheap as possible will literally cost you almost probably no money. And you don’t have to coupon! #winning.